Lemony Lentil-Spinach Stew
Fresh mint turns this simple stew into a knockout one-pot dinner. Don’t skip the mint!!! 🙂
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 cups low-sodium vegetable broth
- 1 cup brown lentils, picked over and rinsed
- 3 medium red-skinned potatoes, cut into 1/2-inch dice (about 1/2 lb.)
- 6 oz. baby spinach leaves
- 2 Tbs. lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp. lemon zest
- 1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh mint
1. Heat oil in saucepan over medium heat. Add garlic, and cook 30 seconds. Add broth and lentils, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer 10 minutes. Add potatoes, and cook 15 minutes, or until lentils are tender.
2. Add spinach, lemon juice, lemon zest and cayenne pepper. Cover, and simmer 2 minutes, or until spinach wilts. Stir in mint. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Per SERVING: Calories: 276, Protein: 18g, Total fat: 3g, Saturated fat: g, Carbs: 46g, Cholesterol: mg, Sodium: 456mg, Fiber: 20g, Sugars: 6g